In addition to a DVD resolution version of the award-winning
3D CGI animated short film BlastOff!. The BlastOff! Special
Edition DVD also includes
behind the scenes content including
production images, test animations, director & animator
commentaries and actual LightWave 3D files of props & sets
BlastOff! was inspired by the real BlastOff!
Space Shuttle Bed. The
story behind the design and construction of the original BlastOff!
Bed was featured on HGTV’s
show Look What I Did! The BlastOff! Special
Edition DVD also includes the BlastOff!
Bed Construction Guide, which includes the
actual construction plans that were used to build the
original BlastOff! Bed.
Michael Scaramozzino - LightWave
3D Artist Profile
President and Creative Director
+ Shipping & HandlingUS ORDERS ONLY!
Whether you are simply interested in seeing how BlastOff! was
made or you would like to make your own 3D animation, the BlastOff! Special
Edition DVD includes a DVD resolution version of the award-winning
3D animated short film, BlastOff!, three additional versions
of BlastOff! with director & animator commentaries,
high resolution image gallery, production videos and additional
behind the scenes content on 3D character design,
modeling, rigging, animating and morph mixing.
If your ready to make your own 3D CGI animated short films, the BlastOff! Special
Edition DVD includes
a collection of sets and props from the film as actual LightWave
3D files ready for use in your own films or simply to use as examples
including the following.
- A fully lighted small table lamp with translucent shade.
- A large toy bucket with toy swords and a wiffle ball bat.
- A collection of pens, paper, mug and pad of paper.
- A kids coat rack with a few pirate hats tossed in.
- A wooden pirate toy chest with pirate hat.
- A transparent plastic wastebasket with crumpled paper trash.
- A set of various size picture & poster frames to show
- A complete 3D room set with windows, curtains, doors, trim
& a full spinning light rig.
- A complete 3D space set with Saturn, star globe, nebula & hypervoxel
Whether you are simply interested in seeing how
the real BlastOff! Bed was built or you would like
to build your own space shuttle bed for your young space cadet,
the BlastOff! Special Edition DVD includes a PDF BlastOff!
Bed Construction Guide which includes the actual BlastOff!
Bed construction plans that were used to build the original BlastOff!
The BlastOff! bed is constructed out of 3/4" plywood
panels over a sturdy wood frame of 2x4 and 2x6 lumber supporting
a standard metal twin mattress frame. The overall dimensions
are approximately 7.5' x 9' though it could be made smaller
to fit a smaller room. The plans are not available for download
and are only available on the BlastOff! Special Edition
The BlastOff! Bed™ Construction
Guide that is included on the DVD is in
Adobe PDF format and requires Adobe
Reader to view and print. The construction guide
is on the DVD-ROM portion of the DVD, which is accessible
when the DVD is inserted into a computer’s DVD-ROM
drive. Mac users simply click on the the BlastOff!
Bed Construction Guide.pdf file after inserting
the DVD into your Mac. Windows users may need to quit
the DVD player that Windows automatically starts when
the DVD is inserted into a Windows PC, then use Windows
Explorer (Not Internet Explorer) to locate and access
the files in the DVD-ROM portion of the DVD.
We were thrilled to have the BlastOff! Space
Shuttle Bed featured on
HGTV’s Look What I Did!, Episode #HLWID-106.
- Sun, Dec 17, 06, 6:30 PM ET/PT
- Thu, Jan 11, 07, 6:00 PM ET/PT
- Thu, Jan 18, 07, 1:30 PM ET/PT
- Wed, Jan 24, 07, 1:30 PM ET/PT
- Wed, Feb 14, 07, 6:00 PM ET/PT
- Wed, Feb 21, 07, 1:30 PM ET/PT
- Wed, Mar 21, 07, 6:00 PM ET/PT
- Thu, Jun 21, 07, 6:00 PM ET/PT
- Wed, Oct 31, 07, 5:00 PM ET/PT
- Mon, Jun 16, 08, 8:00 AM ET/PT
- Mon, Aug 25, 08, 8:00 AM ET/PT
Dec 26, 08, 8:00 AM ET/PT
Check HGTV.com for details.
- BlastOff! Film Runtime: 3 Minutes, not counting special edition
- Format: NTSC SD Full Screen
- DVD-R Region 0
- DVD-ROM Contents Viewable on Mac or PC Requires a DVD-ROM
- DVD-ROM Videos require Apple QuickTime 7.
- DVD-ROM LightWave 3D files in LightWave 3D 9.0 Format.
- DVD-ROM BlastOff! Bed Construction Guide in Adobe PDF Format.
Releases New ScreamerNet UB Launcher
an XCode Aqua GUI front end to interactively configure and
launch multiple LightWave
9.3-10 ScreamerNet UB instances for standalone, batch
and network rendering. Download
your copy today!
Created by the author of Mastering
LightWave ScreamerNet Rendering for Mac OS X, Michael Scaramozzino
3D Artist Profile.