System Requirements & Recommendations
- High speed Internet connection recommended such as DSL, T1,
cable or faster.
- Safari 1, FireFox 1 or Explorer 6 or higher recommended.
Older browsers may not interpret the CSS (cascading style sheets)
properly, causing the page layout and spacing to appear erratic.
- QuickTime is
the recommended video player. Some newer content requires QuickTime
- Some videos are also available in Windows Media Player format
at lower resolution,
but QuickTime is the recommended video player for all platforms
for the highest quality.
- The latest versions of Flash and Shockwave are required to view some content.
- A monitor set to at least 1024x768 and Millions or Highest
(32 bit) color is recommended.
The topic bars in the left hand column bring you to the indicated
Help button brings you to this help page.
Find button brings you to the sites search
& index page.
Top button brings you to the top of the page you
are currently viewing.
Previous button brings you to the previous page
in the subsection you are currently viewing.
Contents button brings you to the contents page
of the subsection you are currently viewing.
Next button brings you to the next page in the
subsection you are currently viewing.
All videos on DreamLight.com are available in QuickTime format.
For best results, download
and install the latest full version of QuickTime. Some of the
video content on DreamLight.com is also available in Windows Media
Player versions at reduced size and quality. Some of the links
check for QuickTime first and if its not detected, automatically
open the Windows Media Player versions. We have seen some bugs
Windows XP in Explorer 6, where it failed to play the videos, because
it failed to download the needed codecs from previous versions
of Media Player. For best results, install QuickTime 7 or later
instead. If you have QuickTime but it doesnt appear to work
properly, you may have installed another video player after QuickTime
may be interfering. Perform a new download and install of the latest
full version of QuickTime, then try accessing the video again.
Jagged Type on Windows
If the type looks jagged, you need to activate font antialiasing
as follows (in Windows XP):
- Open the Display Control Panel.
- Click on the Appearance tab.
- Click on the Effects button
- Turn on: Use the following method to smooth edges of screen
- Set the method to "Clear Type"
Grainy and/or Dark Images on Windows
If the images appear grainy or too dark, you may need to adjust
your monitor’s color and/or gamma setting as follows (in Windows
- Open the Display Control Panel.
- Click on the Settings
- Verify that the screen resolution is set to at least 1024x768
- Verify that the color setting is set to Highest (32 bit)
- Click on the Advanced button
- Look for a tab that says gamma (depends on your video card)
- If there is a gamma setting, adjust it till the images look
- If there isn’t a gamma setting, adjust the monitor’s brightness
level until the images look normal.
Images briefly draw with solid background first in IE on Windows
Internet Explorer on Windows has broken
hack to get IE on Windows to
properly display PNG graphics files. This hack unfortunately has
the side effect of having IE first draw the PNG images incorrectly,
before the hack can fix them... If this is too annoying, you can
switch to a browser that fully supports PNG files such as Netscape
on Windows or any major browser (including IE) on the Mac.
Printing Problems on Windows
Attempting to print some of the longer pages on the site only prints the first few pages and truncates the rest. This is a bug in IE5.5 which is fixed in IE6. Upgrading to IE6 should fix the problem.
NS4.7 Mac & Windows
Some of the pages may not display properly (i.e. images covering
text and other display issues) due to incorrect interpretation
of the CSS style sheets. Upgrading your browser to NS6, IE5 or
Safari 1 (or later) should fix the problem.
If you encounter problems on the site, please dont hesitate to contact us. Try to describe the problem as completely as possible and dont forget to list your system & browser versions.